by Anita Ryan
When I say, Greek goddess Athena knows how to kick butt, I'm not talking about her anti-smoking habits. I'm talking about her ability to pick up her sword and defend her home-town of Athens and all that which was rightfully hers.
Herewith are the seven habits that highly effective Athena-inspired gals use to win their own life challenges.
1. Say Yeeee-haaaaaaaaaaaa... a lot. Visualizing Athena's sword can be a good way to find the courage to unleash the words you have been swallowing and hence, open your throat chakra. Screaming "yeeee-haaaaaaaaaaa" (Dukes of Hazzard style), helps lubricate your voice so that words can flow easier. It also helps get your car across impossible crevices and over unruly crates.
2. Blessed are the peace-keepers... sometimes. Athena's lesson is to release your habit of biting your tongue in order to "keep the peace" - do you think she could have saved Athens had she given way to her attackers? I think her words would have been more along the lines of, "χαθείτε σας δυσάρεστοι Ρωμαίοι" - without the "f" word though.
3. Feel the Love... for yourself. If you're coming from a place of cast-iron self-love and self-worth, no-one can topple your balance. In a poll at Goddess.com.au, 78% of women believe the most beautiful woman in the world is not Paris Hilton, Lucy Liu or Janet Jackson - the most beautiful woman is actually in the mirror. Coming in at second place is Sophia Loren... what a great role model for style, grace and unbeatable Athena-esque resolve. She is in good company coming second to the Goddess Gals ;-)
4. Disarm criticism... with a smile. Criticism, schmiticism. Athena had the head of Medusa on her shield to turn her critics to stone, but the same immobilizing effect can be achieved with a disarming smile. You can defuse tense situations (such as a Trojan War) with a disarming smile (much easier than building a wooden horse). Smiles are infectious, so the more you smile the more you will be infected by positive vibes and the subsequent "can do" mindset.
5. Toot your own horn... loudly. My mother always said, "to do something properly, do it yourself." I think that's why I've learned to live with a pile of dirty laundry and a housecleaner. But I do have other traits I don't mind spruiking, Athena-style. To get started on your own list of star qualities, start by writing down all the positive adjectives you can think of that start with the first letter of your name. Then turn these words into affirmations: eg, Anita is adventurous, adorable and absolutely ummm.... ravishing} (not to mention creative!)
6. Rally your troops... and side-kicks. Athena appears in Greek mythology as a helper of many heroes including Hercules, Jason of the Argonauts and Odysseus. She didn't accrue these allies without being a ball-buster herself. So if you want to be surrounded by the kick-butt energy of Charlie's Angels-style pals, pull on your thigh-highs and step out loud and proud. Some good "yeeee-haaaaaaas" will help you leap into action (and hotted up convertibles) so you can find like-minded allies to help you achieve your goals.
7. Declare war... against clutter. There is as much satisfaction to be found in simplicity as there is in resolving complexity. If you have clothes in your wardrobe you haven't worn in a year, give them away. If you have books on your shelf that you know you are not going to read again, pass them on. What junk is lurking in your drawers that you haven't used (or even laid eyes on)? Just as Athena threw out her enemies, throw your junk away!
Anaïs Nin once said that life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. To grow into a life bursting with possibilities, connect with your inner-Athena.
Oh, and say "yeeeee-haaaaaa"... a lot.
Anita Ryan is the author of http://www.goddess.com.au and The Goddess Guide to Chakra Vitality. She is also the creatrix of yummy Goddess Playshops - these are two-hour workshops desigend to help women reconnect with their inner goddess through chakra and spiritual work. She lives in Western Australia with her man, her son and her dog (also a male).
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Anita_Ryan
Goddess Flight is dedicated to helping you SOAR on your spiritual path. I have so much support for those that want to transform their life.
Divine Guidance as You Journey through Life and Love. Your Goddess Flight.
32 Card Tarot Reading
Angel Analysis Oracle