In ancient Greece there were many specially chosen Goddesses that were worshipped and revered for their beauty and boldness. To name a few -Aphrodite, Athena, Artemis, Demeter, and Persephone - each with a domain to oversee. Goddesses reigned over relationships. Highly spirited, they could be quite brutal if crossed and were not averse to seeking revenge if wronged.
In the 21st century, the idea of a Goddess is becoming more universally accepted, with the added benefit that every woman has the right to be a Goddess in her own world.
A modern-day Goddess knows that she is part of God/Source/All that Is. She is comfortable with her I Am. She has successfully integrated yin and yang, feminine and masculine energies. She embodies strength, sex appeal, and intelligence. She gracefully walks her path with passion, purpose, and possibility. She isn't above others but it very much at peace with herself and values herself to the extent that she designs her own destiny, balancing love, work, and play beautifully.
She is a woman who has a presence, who radiates an inner light that can sometimes attract and sometimes intimidate others. Above all, she is who she is and doesn't make apologies for it. Why would she? A Goddess of the 21st century is a wonderful, warm, and loving human being striving to evolve and grow while on her life's journey.
A Goddess is an alluring, aware, authentic, action-oriented, and allowing woman in touch with her divinity.
Would you like to become more of a Goddess? Here are some qualities to improve upon:
Alluring: She Shines
- Possesses both inner and outer beauty.
- Is magnetic and alluring.
- Owns her sexuality.
- Knows who she is and accepts the light and the dark qualities.
- Takes care of her whole self: body, mind, and spirit.
- She is fully accepting of herself and has the freedom and courage to be all of who she is.
Awareness: She Knows
- Awareness of human relationships and the impact she has on others.
- Engages in "soul work" - books, people and activities, etc that serve to raise her consciousness.
- Has a love of learning and applying knowledge to real life challenges so she grows in understanding and wisdom.
- Understands the interplay of earthly and heavenly elements, "as above, so below."
- Manages her thoughts to create the reality she desires.
Authenticity: She Honors
- Designs a life that nurtures her inner nature.
- She feels and communicates her thoughts and emotions with confidence.
- She takes the time to get her emotional needs met in healthy ways.
- Lives from her center, and is grounded in reality, dealing effectively with day-to-day life.
- She takes the lead in her family.
- She trusts her own process, including beginnings and endings.
Action: She Works
- Her work is a form of self-expression.
- Consciously creates and accepts personal responsibility for herself and her life.
- Releases the need to control or manipulate or punish.
- Discovers her unique purpose and strives to live it.
- Seeks to improve the world through her sphere of influence.
- Views obstacles and challenges as part of the learning process and uses persistence to overcome them.
- Chooses a domain(s) to master (cooking, writing, teaching, healing, art).
Allowing: She Receives
- Balances head and heart functions to make decisions.
- Allows the universe to provide for her needs.
- Lets her soul be her guide while traveling her path.
- Employs natural laws such as the law of attraction to manifest her desires.
- Possess great vision and intuition.
- Is able to perceive the paradoxes of life and see many perspectives.
- Is open to receiving her good.
The modern-day Goddess is on a journey to discover and access her divine power. Her essence is a bright light that shines forth to empower others to shine their light. She demands special treatment because she is a unique and special human being. So she wisely surrounds herself with people who see her greatness and who she can relax and let down her guard with. When it comes to relationships, she has higher standards than mere mortals. She is seeking soul connections. And while she may be too enlightened for revenge, she will cut away with a swift sword anyone or anything that does not honor her. Because of her discerning eyes and ears, she can see right through the ego's defense mechanisms and will easily let go of anyone or anything that is blocking her ability to give and receive love.
A Goddess deserves respect and admiration. She will not accept anything less than what she is worthy of, and since she is of God, she desires only the best! To get to know your inner Goddess, start with giving her a name. Look within and ask your heart what is your Goddess name. Start a relationship with her and invite her to be more present in your life. Ask for guidance when you need it and watch as your dreams magically come true.
Michelle L. Casto, Ph.D. Candidate is known as the Soul Diva Coach, Speaker, and Author of the Get Smart! LearningBook Series. She has authored 3 books and a dozen workbooks on life empowerment topics. Her coaching practice is Brightlight Coaching, she helps people come up with bright ideas for their life and empowers them to freely shine their bright light to the world. To visit:
To receive your free special report, You Can Transform Your Life Now visit http://www.smartlifechanges.com
For Spiritually Smart Books: Life Coaching to Help you Shine More Brightly
http://www.getsmartseries.com and http://www.brightlightcoach.com
Contact her for a complimentary 30 minute session: email@example.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Michelle_L._Casto